The Gas Safe Register recently released this easy to follow visual guide to demonstrate the warning signs of CO (Carbon Monoxide) poisoning.

If you are suffering from:

  • headaches
  • nausea
  • breathlessness
  • collapse
  • dizziness
  • loss of consciousness

Then you must contact a medical professional ASAP. It can be easy to confuse these signs with a common cold, migraine or the flu, but if you are feeling any of these symptoms then do not risk ignoring them.

To help prevent the possibility of CO poisoning you must install a carbon monoxide detector in your home. It’s also important to remember that if you are a tenant then it is your landlords duty to install a CO detector in your home. If they haven’t done already so, contact them immediately – failure to install can come with a heavy fine.

In addition to knowing the signs and installing a CO detector, it’s also vital that you arrange for an annual boiler service and gas safety check. If you would like to arrange a service please get in touch.