There will come a time when your gas appliances needs replacing, but knowing what to do and where to go can be confusing. Can you install it yourself? Where can you find an engineer? How do you know they are qualified?
Follow these simple steps to ensure safe installation and peace of mind.
- Do not try to install a gas appliance yourself – always hire a gas safe registered engineer to install it for you. All Maintracts engineers are Gas Safe Registered
- For further peace of mind, ask for a customer reference
- Always ask for a quotation. This should include a description of the work, materials used, the appliance (make and model) and the location of the appliance. Make sure your quotation is in writing
- Before your engineer carries out the work, make sure they are carrying their Gas Safe Register ID Card
- Once work has been completed make sure that any forms that need to be completed or signed off have been returned to you (if you are a landlord you will need to prove to your tenants that the appliance has been installed/serviced). This also goes for any warranty registrations
- Once the appliance has been installed (excluding flueless cookers) your engineer must notify your Local Authority
- Remember that all gas appliances must be serviced once a year
If you would like to obtain a quote from a Gas Safe Registered engineer then please get in touch.
Image by Julian Spencer