Happy New Year from Maintracts! Have you made any new year resolutions? If you haven’t thought of any yet then we have a few ideas to get you going.
- If you haven’t serviced your boiler in the last 12 months, book an appointment. The days are getting colder and you need to make sure that your boiler is in full working order.
- If you haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months, book an appointment. You could be putting you and those around you at risk if you fail to have your gas appliances checked on a yearly basis.
- If you are a tenant and your landlord has not scheduled the above appointments in the last two years contact them immediately. It is their legal responsibility to ensure your home is safe.
- Install a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm – it could save your life. If you are a tenant you have a legal right to ask your landlord to install them; if they refuse they can be fined.
- Try to be more energy efficient in the home.
If you would like to find out more about our boiler servicing or gas safety checks then please get in touch. We hope that you have a very happy and prosperous 2016!