There are many trade bodies that support our industry and we are proud to say that we are members of the APHC (Association of Plumbing & Heating Contractors).
APHC is a not for profit trade body for the plumbing and heating industry, representing both large and small companies, and helping customers distinguish between professional businesses and rouge traders. We ask that all consumers and businesses always check that the companies they hire are registered with the appropriate trade bodies, no matter what service they require, but if you need convincing, here are our reasons why you should hire a registered installer.
APHC members are qualified and professional businesses who comply with industry standards, including Building Regulations, Water Regulations and relevant British Standards.
Members must also adhere to the APHC Customer Charter.
All members are vetted against the following:
- The business must comply with the requirements laid down in the ‘APCH Membership Scheme Rules’
- The business will carry out trading activities to the minimum standards laid down in the ‘APHC Customer Charter’
- The business will investigate any customer complaints to the minimum standards laid down in the ‘APHC Minimum Requirements for a Customer Complaints Procedure’
- The business will provide full contact details on all relevant communications with customers including written correspondence, quotations, invoices and electronic communication
- The business will ensure that appropriate levels of insurance are in place commensurate with the business activities – minimum £2M of public liability must be maintained at all times and minimum £5M of employer’s liability must be maintained at all times (if staff are employed)
- The business will ensure that only competent operatives are employed to undertake plumbing & heating work
If you would like to find out more about the APHC visit www.aphc.co.uk.
Follow APHC on Twitter: @
Information courtesy of APHC.